Burnt Rancheria Campground is located in the Laguna Mountain Recreation area just, 50 miles east of San Diego. It features several loops of campsites and is the perfect location for your glamping retreat. The site is at an elevation of 6,000 ft. & features and abundance of pines and oak trees. The surrounding open oak grove & spectacular desert views makes it a very unique destination and ideal for our Tentsiles. The site is very well maintained & restrooms are available in the vicinity.
The site provides easy access to a segment of the Pacific Crest Trail, a 2,650-mile national scenic trail that runs from Mexico to Canada. Hiking and horseback riding are allowed on the trail.
Visitors can enjoy hiking, bird-watching, star-gazing and hiking in a dense forest ambience. The contrasting landscapes between lush pine forests and the Anza-Borrego desert is a site to behold. A short hike to the nearby Desert View Picnic Site is a panoramic view of the desert 6,000 feet below. On most days, the Salton Sea is clearly visible to the southeast.
Glamping Rates & Package Details
Our introductory price of $99 is per person - minimum 2 people/2 nights. The price per person for a group of 10 is $75, also minimum 2 night stay.
This is what's included as part of your glamping equipment rental:
- We reserve & prepare your site, which has been handpicked for the best glamping experience possible. Bathrooms/showers with hot water are nearby
- Rate includes State park fees & parking fees (maximum 1 vehicles) $10 per extra vehicle
- We set-up your Tentsiles that includes V-tech sleeping pad, sleeping bag & pillows
- 5-gallon drinking water dispenser that we re-fill as needed
- Hanging compartments & bins to keep things organized including all your kitchen utensils
- First Aid Kit & emergency two-way radio
- Ambient lighting around your Tentsile, as well as a spotlight if needed at night
- Carpet & lounge chairs under your Tentsile, as well as seats around the campfire.
- Makeshift kitchen to cook & serve your group - table, stove-top, pots/pans, kettle, spices & kitchen utensils. Just bring your food.
It is your responsibility to know & abide by all the laws and regulations of the state parks and national forests at all times during your trip. We're an independent entity from the Rancho Cuyamaca State Park & Cleveland National Forest. You're entering into an agreement to rent glamping equipment from Alter Experiences LLC for your site during your stay.
You'll receive a briefing as soon as you arrive and we'll cover the park rules & regulations, as well as safety and proper equipment use.